Thursday, January 5, 2012

word(s) - 2012

As much as I love new beginnings, I have to admit I've been a bit slow at setting my goals and intentions for 2012. Last year was my first year to put my goals in writing and my first time to choose one word that summed up where I felt God was leading me. To be completely honest, my vision of 2011 being a time of travel, dedication, and action was nowhere near how the year shaped up.

In a way it is disappointing, to set up a plan only to have it go awry a few months into the year. But in other ways, it is interesting to examine where God led me to other paths. And get-real-confession time: it's painful yet eye-opening to reflect upon how my lack of discipline and faithfulness in some areas led me to dead ends and extreme frustration.

Yet, here it is a new year and here I am again, choosing words (yes, more than one this year!), setting goals, and saying prayers for God to do what He will with these feeble plans of mine. "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. ~Proverbs 16:9

Words :
Reliance
Relationship

Goals:
Develop consistent Bible study habits
Dig into prayer through reading and practice
Find and get involved in a church family (prayerfully, in cooperation with my husband)

I'm still working on goals in other areas, such as housekeeping, homeschooling, travel, and personal growth (including blogging), but these spiritual goals are really the most important to me and ones I know God is pushing me toward. They are also foundational goals that I know will be key in helping me achieve success in those other areas of my life. In the coming days, I hope to share more of my specific plans on how I can work toward each of these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment