Sunday, October 10, 2010

good reading, bad blogging

Since I started this blog to chronicle our attempt at reading through the Bible in 90 days, I guess I should follow through with the results. So without further adieu...I finished reading the entire Bible in 85 days! It was only through the grace of God that I read the entire Word in that amount of time. It certainly wasn't due to any super routines or phenomenal reading skills on my part. When I got behind--which I did a few times, once more than ten days off of schedule--I prayed for God's help.

Obviously I wasn't praying for God's help in blogging, as one can tell from its poorly neglected state. But I'm okay with that, because I wanted to prioritize reading the Bible above all else.

I'm hoping to undertake the next online session of the Bible in 90 days program starting January 3. Not only do I want to read again, but I have other goals in mind as well. I will be praying between now and then that God will help me:
  • Take notes on my readings in a more organized manner.
  • Be a cheerleader to those participating, either through mentoring and/or regular prayer.
  • Encourage people in my life to read along (including my dear hubby who did not finish this time).
  • Have my children read through the Bible on an abridged kid's plan.
  • And oh yeah, I almost forgot, blog more!
I'm looking forward to the challenge--not because I know I'm up for it, because honestly it seems overwhelming. But when I'm doing God's will and it gets difficult, He always shows up to carry me through!

No comments:

Post a Comment